RE: [oletrucks] Engine rebuild parts Question

To: "BelAir Bob" <rogerz@planetwide.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Engine rebuild parts Question
From: "Tibbers" <tibbers@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 17:18:59 -0800
Well Robert...I just got done buying parts for an engine I am building, and
I hadn't done one in quite a spell, so I went and asked the same question.
I am not building a monster, just a reliable, slightly pumped engine.  The
guy I asked owns a machine shop and builds race engines.  My neighbor races
one of his engines, and he swears by the guy, so I trust his feedback.  He
says to go with ACL bearings, Hastings rings, Melling oil pump, Johnson
lifters, Silvolite cast pistons, Wolverine Blue Racer cam, Dura bond cam
bearings, and a Cloyes timing set.

So that is what I did.  I can't tell you if I am happy yet or not, because
it isn't all put together, but I have hopes and confidence.

Gordon