[oletrucks] RE: Starters

To: oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] RE: Starters
From: Jeremy Eastman <jeastman@appliedtheory.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 13:06:00 -0500
After I dropped in a rebuilt head on my 235ci, I had major problems
starting it.  Come to find out, every time you break the seal on a fuel
line (like to swap a head or engine), it relieves all sorts of back
pressure on the fuel pump diaphram and allows all sorts of crud to break
loose.  When you reassemble, this can end up in a fuel filter (which I
didn't have, THEN, or in your Carb).

This may be the case.  I didn't come across this a the problem with mine
until I ordered a rebuilt Rochester Model B and read the installation
instructions, which started with "always purge your fuel line.. etc., etc."

Hope this helps.