Re: [oletrucks] Side Cowl Replacement from 49 to 53

To: "Larry Anderson" <landerso@zoomnet.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Side Cowl Replacement from 49 to 53
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:20:28 -0800
I've did the vent installation before and all you need to do is make a nice
cardboard pattern from the original side cowl to indicate the location on
the new cowl.   Some people say to cut a few inches away from the vent for
splicing it in but I like making the weld within an inch of the vent because
the bend helps reduce warpage.  You can buy some heat absorbing compound at
a welding shop and apply it around the welding area to help keep warpage to
a minimum

Joe