Re: [oletrucks] starting problem

To: "brad kyle" <bradkyle@hotmail.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] starting problem
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:05:21 -0800
Hi Brad,

If the starter is just free spinning it Sounds like the starter bendix is
out.  That the part in the starter that shoots forward with the gear that
engages the starter gear with the flywheel.  To check if it is in fact the
bendix grab the gear in your hand and try to rotate it.  It should lock in
one direction and rotate freely in the other direction.  If it doesn't grab
at each notching position it's bad and needs to be replaced.
    If the starter is not making any connection maybe the brass contact
underneath where the starter linkage contacts on the starter are worn and
need to be replaced?

Joe
Chevy1