Re: [oletrucks] info on GMC pickup

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] info on GMC pickup
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 20:52:18 -0700
I've seen a couple of these in Tucson in the late 70s.  One was actually
in a movie, some type of adventure drama, but I forgot the name.  I saw
that truck parked at an abandoned gas station on Miracle Mile on the
west side of town for awhile...  The other one I saw was one that a guy
my brother met had, and was working on.  He also had another TF truck
that we got parts off of.

I think it was mostly Chevy, with different grille (shaped like a Chevy
grille, sort of, single headlights, and a GMC logo on the dash cluster
(which was the Chevy cluster, in the Chevy dash).  The engine was
probably GMC, though.

I've heard also that these were fleet trucks, at the cheap end of the
GMC line.

-----------------------------------
You wrote:

I need help on identifying a pickup . It is a stepside, 6 cylinder, 3
speed
on the column, the grill is the puzzling part, the hood hsa a GMC logo
all
the way across it and the grill goes all the way across the pickup,
withthe
park lights inserted in it, towards the center of the grill is a diamond
pattern designs about 3 feet wide.  The people I have talked to say it
is a
factory grill, maybe a commercial vehicle or something.  SN# is
101-PS16176A.
 If anyone can help I would sure appreciate it.