[oletrucks] Jack and stand recommendations

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Jack and stand recommendations
From: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsolution.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 20:22:44 -0500
Well I am so new to all this I do not have a jack or any stands.  So I am
asking what size and if any brands are great or should I stay away from.  I
have a 46 one half ton and here are my questions:
1. What size of jack should I buy?
2. What clearance range should I be looking at (is 14 inches enough)?
3. Are there any brands to look for?
4. Are there any brands to stay away from?
5. I am looking for jack stands - same questions????
6. To start with do I need 4 stands?

I was at MVP parts store and saw a 2 and 1/4 ton jack with 14" clearance for
$30.00 - I think it was made by Delco.  It also came is a plastic carrying
case for storage.  They also had Delco jack stands for $12 for the pair.
Any ideas????

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jim House