[oletrucks] AD speedometer rpr

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] AD speedometer rpr
From: Bob Fischer <bfischer@utm.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 18:45:20 -0800
Hi all,
The speedometer in our 49 was never connected to the cable since we have
owned it, and I never looked in to trying to hook it up. Now that I have
the truck in several pieces doing other upgrades, I tackled repairing the
speedo. I found the needle glued to the shaft, however from the pictures I
have in catalogs etc the needle appears missing a portion where it
originally attached to the shaft.
I could turn the cable drive shaft by hand, after removal from the dash,
however it would bind in both directions, and the abbreviated needle
pointed straight down, but would bounce a little as I turned, either
direction.
I disassembled it, cleaned everything, and I'm ready to put it back
together. It's obvious I wasn't the first person to do this as burred slots
in the screws, a mangled damper spring etc indicate someone else was in here.

I'm looking for a assembly type picture/diagram as to what the parts should
look like, and how they fit together CORRECTLY. I've checked my AD manual,
and did a search on the archives, and also the few parts suppliers
catalogs, but didn't find what I'm looking for.

Any suggestions where I can find something like this??

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

http://home.utm.net/bfischer          e-mail - bfischer@utm.net  or

robert.f.fischer.jr@syntegra.com