Re: [oletrucks] Is It Vapor Lock?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Is It Vapor Lock?
From: Allen Coblentz <wac8019@erinet.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:00:01 -0500
I have a '52 Chevy 3100 with a non-vented cap.......it came this way when I
bought
it.  I have not experienced a problem with the vacuum within the tank (you can
tell
there is a vacuum when I take the cap off after driving...WHOOOOSH!) causing
the fuel
pump to starve.   What year did chevrolet trucks first go to the vented
cap/gastank?
Did they go to the vented style because of this problem?  Should I change my
cap to a
vented one?
Allen....