Re: [oletrucks] Is It Vapor Lock?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Is It Vapor Lock?
From: soundex@eden.com (craig k)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:51:01 -0600
>my point exactly......  you really think the fuel pump has enough suction
>to collapse
>an ole truck gas tank??   im thinkin not...

Believe it or not, you CAN collapse a gas tank by using a non-vented cap
when one is needed!
A neighbor had the vented cap stolen of his 1965 VW van, and simply
replaced it with one from a FLAPS.
Heard a weird 'clonk' a few days later and found that the tank had bowed in
from the top by 4 inches!
This upset him no end, as it was a recent replacement; granted, part of the
reason we think it collapsed is that the after-market tank was not as
sturdy as the original, but there ya go..........

craig
caretaker of
stephanie's 50 3104 216 5-window deluxe