Re: [oletrucks] bed sides

To: "mike warford" <my.55@nf.sympatico.ca>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] bed sides
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 22:28:31 -0600
I did.  The owner before me replaced the entire floor with a single sheet of
plate steel (floor rotted out & even covered the TRX cover with the plate).
I wanted the TRX cover back & torch cut the plate into three pieces
(discarded the piece over the TRX).  I put the pieces in place, riveted &
then fiberglassed the corners to help seal out water.  It is definitely
sturdy, but if I had to do it again, I would use prefabed repro floor panels
& weld them in place-just looks a whole lot better (even though the floor
matte & firewall cover hide most of it), but those were the days of my very
limited budget (I've owned my truck for over 20 yrs.).

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com
Denton, TX