RE: [oletrucks] License Plates

To: "'Doug Pewterbaugh'" <dpewter@email.msn.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] License Plates
From: Terry Stellman <STELLMAN@noex.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 14:32:54 -0600
I talked to the people at the Regional Motor Vehicle Office and a State
Trooper at the Dept. of Public Safety this morning.  Both told me that if 2
plates were originally issued that legally both must be displayed.  There
were a couple of years during W.W.II where only one plate was issued to save
steel and they said way back like in the 20's or something only one plate
was issued.  Also, you need not be a dealer to run "Classic " dealer plates
and you also wouldn't need different insurance since you are still
registered as a classic vehicle with the state.  I'm not questioning the
fact that you could probably run an old truck without a front plate but if a
cop was in a bad mood one day or needed to make his quota he could write you
up.  I was just passing this along for informational purposes only.  I was
shopping for plates anyway and figured I might as well go ahead and buy the
dealer plate.

Terry Stellman
1949 3600
Missouri City, Texas