Re: [oletrucks] Happy Easter All

To: taobrien@baynet.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Happy Easter All
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 23:50:46 PDT
Terry,

Yes the tires will fit on the original rims but they might look funny
because most original rims (at least mine) were only 4.5 inches wide and I
think that the minimum recommended width for yours is 6 inches.  Also the
jury is still out if they will hold air since the originals are tube type.
Other oletruckers say that they haven't had any problems holding air using
tubeless tires but then again who knows how many beers they had before they
make those claims.

>Does anyone know if 225/75/R16 tires will go on the original AD 16 inch
>rims?

Check out Jim Carters catalog.  He has the beauty rims and restored radios.
The radios are kinda pricey butwhathehey he gives a 10% discount to oletruck
members.  Another avenue for beauty rims would be going to a large 'wheels
and custom rims' store.  They sometimes have trade in rims and rings pretty
cheap.

If these
>tires will work out I'll be looking for 16 inch beauty rings so a trade
>might be possible.  Also am looking for an original AD (1951) radio.

Durwood
51 1/2 ton 5 window