Re: [oletrucks] Show trucks

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Show trucks
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <deve@wwwebservice.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 16:55:21 -0500
I had no intention originally of taking this truck down this far, but now
that its completely disassembled and I want to only do it once, I am going
to do it right. This is only because of the opportunity to learn new things.
So far, I am learning to weld, paint, sandblast, rebuild engines and do
other mechanically related things that I have little experience in.

A few years ago, it was getting my pilots license. Having been in the USAF
for 10 years, it was something I always wanted to do, so I did it. Now, I
want to do something else I had never gotten around to.. restoring old
trucks. Someday soon I hope to drive my oletruck to the airport to fly
around the patch in my oleplane (1964 piper cherokee 140). Then, who knows?
I have this feeling that a good idea in general is to keep learning. I am
motivated to this end for some reason, so since there is no hurry and its
completely torn apart, I want to do it right. Problem is, I dont have all
the money in the world so I wont want to drive it when I am thru. If I were
rich and dropping 20 grand on an oletruck was nothing, I would just drive
this truck anywhere I wanted and when it got worn, I would just rebuild it
again. But since money doesnt grow on trees, (at least not here in Kansas) I
will want to keep it perfect for the investment potential. There are people
out there that will pay $40 grand for one of these beauties. I know of one
such person already. He has that much tied up in having a professional
restorer do his 1951 3100 and it isnt even finished yet. On the other hand,
I might just keep it and be able to tell my great grandchildren about my
adventures and have the truck to prove it.

In any case, this is GREAT and you guys make this experience all the better.
I read every message and learn so much. Who knew when I was working in the
weapons lab on the base that what we were using was gonna later be called
the internet and I would be having so much fun!

Deve
50 3100
49 3600
www.speedprint.com/Deves50/index.html