[oletrucks] Shop Questions

To: "OleTrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Shop Questions
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 09:47:57 -0500
I have a coupla questions regarding shop configurations. Maybe some of you
can help..

I still need a little more confirmation that my idea of using two single
stage air compressors in tandem will work to double the capacity. The other
thing is, I have been priming all my sheet metal in the garage portion of my
building. Its 6600 sq ft and the fumes and primer dust get into the rest of
the building and really dust the place. This is unacceptable for the
businesses we are in and I need to fix the problem. I am using a respirator
but have no ventilation in the garage. When the air gets too thick to see, I
normally just open the garage door. Problem is, we have lotsa wind here in
Kansas and between that and the humidity, I wont be wanting to open doors
for the epoxy and urethane coats.

What kind of ventilation can i use? My thought is to buy a ventilation fan
and install it in the garage wall. You know, the ones with the louvres that
open and close so that you can close off the hole when you arent using it.
Since I own the building, I have no problem cutting a hole in the wall, but
I need some input. Like WHERE do you install it? High or low? Its a 14 foot
ceiling. Seems the fumes collect high, but maybe someone knows more about
this?

Thanks for the input!

Deve
50 3100