RE: [oletrucks] MEMBERS

To: "'WR Teto'" <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] MEMBERS
From: Robert Horvick <rhorvick@GreatPlains.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 07:31:57 -0500
In all fairness this virus has nothing to do with signature files except for
the fact that it can hide inside your signature file - so if you notice that
your signature has chanced or now has an attachment ... you might be
infected.  It possibly isn't even visible but any virus protection program
can detect and find it.  On this note the reason this can affect you without
reading the email is due to the feature known as "Auto Preview" or "Preview
Mode" - if you can see part of the text of the incoming email or are able to
preview the email in a small "preview window" then you have this enabled.
This *is* reading the email - regardless of if you double-clicked on it or
not.  To disable this feature simply turn that feature off - your online
help can show you how.  You can also disable JavaScript within Outlook -
which will disable this Trojan from working since it does its dirty work
through JavaScript embedded in HTML.

Best of luck - I think I found a truck ... now to try and negotiate terms
with the seller!

Any suggestions on insurance?  I will probably put more then 1000 miles a
year on the truck so my local guy says it can't be a "antique" and would be
regular insurance.  He then went on to say that older cars without seat
belts were so expensive to insure until they have been updated that it might
be worth buying a second (newer) truck so that I would not put 1000 miles on
the ole truck.

Thoughts or advice?

Robert Horvick
Great Plains Software, Fargo ND