Re: [oletrucks] painted, but another ?

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] painted, but another ?
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 07:32:24 -0500
Yeah, I painted my Fram Oil Filter Canister with high temp engine enamel.
The next morning I put a coat of clearcoat on it. BAD MOVE! It just raised
the paint and ruined the job. Had to re-blast, re-prime and paint the thing
all over again. I learned that if I waited a few days to clear coat it, it
worked just fine. Same happened with my horn. Took me awhile to figure it
out. You either need to hit the next coat while its still tacky, or wait
until its completely dry. This make sense?

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas
1950 3100 * 1949 3600
www.speedprint.com/Deves50/index.html