RE: [oletrucks] the need for speed

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] the need for speed
From: "Ralph Linnell" <chevysix@seatac.net>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 14:41:08 -0700
I ran the same 4-speed overdrive, that Jack has, behind my Inline 261. I
loved it for all the same reasons. I could drive around town in 3rd or 4th
gear with out shifting down and yet when I hit the highways and byways, I
could flip the switch and watch the RPM's drop by 30%. When I put in the new
261, I put a 700R4 behind it and I get the same benefit except I don't have
to flip anything, this tranny automatically goes into overdrive at 37 miles
per hour and with a 3.90 rear end the engine is turning 2250 at 65 MPH. Love
it when I am cruising down the freeway at 70 to 75 and have all these people
give me the 2nd look.

Ralph Linnell

Membership Chairman Inliners International

ChevySix@seatac.net
Http://www.seatac.net/chevysix/