[oletrucks] MPG on a 235

To: "oletrucks@autox.team.net" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] MPG on a 235
From: allen coblentz <wac8019@erinet.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 17:37:13 +0000
I have a 235 in my '52 Chevy truck.  Except for a Mallory Uni-lite
electronic distributor and a Patrick's 3.55 gear set in the rear end,
every thing is stock.  I get between 12-13 miles per gallon.  Is this
about what I can expect as 'normal' under this set-up?  The 12 -13 mpg
is a combination highway/city driving....about 50-50 of each.  I don't
have a lead foot, but I do like to keep up with the traffic flow.
What's everybody else, with similar set-up, getting for gas milage?

Allen