[oletrucks] clear coat question!

To: "OleTrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] clear coat question!
From: "Don Simmons" <tasimmons@cbnn.net>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 19:13:48 -0700
Well, I was going to paint my bedwood black and use plain bolts-but after
seeing the wood(even tho it was yellow pine and the cheapest available) I
just had to stain it. It looks so good stained that now I have to go with
stainless bolts. I'm still painting the strips body color which leads to my
question! I'm useing acrylic enamel(PPG-DAR) and I've never used a clear
coat before. Will a clear coat make it better looking and hold up better or
is it neccesary with acrylic enamel. What clear coat do you use and when do
you put it on. I have very limited knowledge of useing a clear coat so any
help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,
Don Simmons
1953 3100
1962 C10 etc.
Othello,Washington