Re: [oletrucks] INSURANCE

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] INSURANCE
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 10:35:09 -0400
Jim,
   Sounds to me that you're getting a raw deal on the insurance fees.
Most national carriers give you a muliti-car discount the more vehicles you
insure as opposed to raising your rates when you add other vehicles, as
they know you can only drive one at a time. I have my truck insured with
State Farm Ins, have my 56 registred as driving 500 miles or less a months
and only pay roughly 250 a year, we had to come to an agreement on the fair
market value of the vehicle which we agreed on
8K. So if its totalled, i get 8k. I firmly agree that national carriers is
the only way to go when it comes to my insurance. Of course this is my
personal
opinion, but I would dang sure check around....wayne

At 01:48 PM 6/11/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Well I have a 46 Chevy 1/2 ton.  I live in New Hampshire and will drive this
>thing about once a week when there is not snow on the ground, at most 30
>times per year.  I am guessing less that works out to less than 1,500 miles
>per year.  Well my carrier jumped the rate for all of our cars (4) by 15%
>since I now insured the truck with them.  I am paying about $400 per year
>for $500,000 property damage only.  They stated that with this truck we are
>now in a higher class rate for all of our autos.  Well, did any of you have
>this happen to you?  What I am looking to do is keep the current insurance
>and find insurance for this truck.  I have less than $4,000 into it to date
>so it is not a big policy.  Do any of you have a suggestion on what to do?
>I tried GYACO today however since we have 5 cars they can not give me a rate
>over the phone and will not do the truck by itself.
>
>Please let me know who you are using to insure your trucks!!!!
>
>THANKS
>
>Jim House
>Hollis, NH
>http://www.ccsol.com/truck.htm