Re: [oletrucks] RE: Got it Going!/volt reg

To: "Radicic, Gary" <RadicicG@osc.army.mil>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] RE: Got it Going!/volt reg
From: "W&D" <haist@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 19:11:00 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "Radicic, Gary" <RadicicG@osc.army.mil>
To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2000 4:43 AM
Subject: [oletrucks] RE: Got it Going!

> Still having a charging problem.  It does not charge. All wiring appears
ok, but
> will check the generator and regulator.  Any one trouble shoot a 6V system
> lately?

Had the same problem on my '39, no charge.  Yesterday, I did this:

Jumper the FIELD connection (with generator field wire attached) on the
regulator to ground.  Start the engine and rev it to a 30-35 mph driving
speed.  If the AMP meter swings over in positive territory, your regulator
is history.  That was the problem with mine.  New regulator is in place and
all is well!

<><
Whitney Haist
Orinda, CA