Re: [oletrucks] dead 49

To: "oletrucks@autox.team.net" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] dead 49
From: Gordon Groves <ggroves100@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 07:42:31 -0700
My little brother is hot shot big jet mechanic ( and former BMW wrench)
gave me some sage advice once that he uses in troubleshooting the big
jets . "try fixing the cheapest easiest thing's  first" and with that in
mind I would try and replace the cap ,rotor , and condenser (I had a
condenser wire just break off in mid drive once , it looked fine till I
removed it and it just fell off!) and maybe bring along a different coil
and coil wire.  I also had a coil wire go bad and I replaced everything
BUT the coil wire , in fact that was the job that got me that quote from
my brother.

Good luck,

Gordon Groves
"51 Chevy 1/2 ton