[oletrucks] Gunk

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Gunk
From: Barry Heigher <bheigher@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 09:14:29 -0700 (PDT)
Well now that I screwed that up I'll try again. First
let me say this is one of the most interesting sites
I've encountered -- I really like the way each person
treats the other guy with respect. Not many sites seem
to observe that courtesy.

My question isn't very technical, I am new to this
site and new to the challenge of rebuilding an old
rust bucket.  I have a '47 1/2 ton down to the frame
and am in the cleaning phase. Has anyone found a
solvent that will soften the gunk that has been
accumulating and baking on over the 50 some years this
thing has been alive. I don't mind doing the grunt
work of scraping and wire brushing but as you well
know all places aren't accessible.

Thanks in advance -- I am really learning a lot from
you guys.

Barry

'47 1/2 ton scattered in shop and 2 sheds
Winnemucca, Nv

Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
http://photos.yahoo.com