Re: [oletrucks] Gunk

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Gunk
From: "WR Teto" <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 14:23:18 -0400
Barry, I've been bouncing around with an assortment of things, from carb
cleaner, kerosene, Castrol
Super Clean, acetone, yadda yadda.  Mostly mixed results, though the carb
cleaner and Super Clean if
left to soak then followed by a water wash, works reasonably well.  If you have
access to a power
washer, that might be worth a shot as well.  But you hit the nail on the head
with the "scraper and
wire brush" detail which is the best though not always feasible.  If they made
roads out of that
junk, we'd have no more potholes here in the northeast!

Wally / Templeton, MA
53 3100 rod project
72 Chevy Malibu
Free 92 Saturn w/ blown head gasket