Re: [oletrucks] AD hood body work

To: "Steve Murray" <smurray@ocii.com>, "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] AD hood body work
From: "Andy Johns" <andy51chevy@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 22:30:48 -0400
Steve,
    When I bought my truck the seam had already been filled.  The owner told
me how it was done and I saw another on under the process.  What he had done
was some how (bolts? screws?  I dunno) take the strip out, which left the
hood in two pieces.  He then used bondo and a lot of sanding to get the two
back together.  You could probably weld it together as well.  He also filled
the holes for the hood emblems and the nose emblem.  Not sure this is the
only way or the best way, but it is how mine was done.  Since mine is
already smoothed, and I would prefer an original, we might could swap.  I
live in Georgia.  Ping me off list if you're interested.
Andy Johns
1951 3100