[oletrucks] just rambling...

To: Trucks list <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] just rambling...
From: "Edward T. Dingo" <cen36932@centuryinter.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 10:50:30 -0400
Checked out an auction this morning. Went specifically to see
"sandblasting equipment" listed in ad. Thought I might find something
good, inexpensive, to use on son's compressor. Nothing there remotely
resembled anything to do with sandblasting. Except the driveway; all
sand.
  BUT!!! There was a 1960 Chevy, 1/2 ton, stepside shorty, to be
auctioned off. Showed 52K, easily could have been 152K. Six, stick, a
stripper. Had radio delete plate yet. Thought my '57 3100 was in good
shape for the money...this was FAR better condition than mine. I softly
sobbed, wiped a tear away, and left. Don't know what it went for, don't
wanna know. Just hope someone gives it a good home. Easy resto, easy
street machine material too. The thing is, this truck wasn't even listed
in auction ad!!! There was a '68 Chevy p/u (parts truck, and that's
kind), a large amount of chevy p/u misc. used parts, most left out in
the elements for a loooong time. A Corvair Spyder. A 1948 Chevy 4dr.
sedan, minus 3 fenders but solid in appearance. None of these were
listed in ad!!! Question is, do I venture to every auction now, to see
what WASN'T listed? And if it happened here, it can happen
anywhere.......
  Plus, wife is still gung-ho re: our '57, even tho it's been in the
shop and not our driveway for 2 months. Definately don't want to risk
her enthusiasm for the truck by bringing home yet another, plus boxes of
parts for future use/sale/swap, etc.