Re: [oletrucks] VIN # ?

To: "Mark Self" <markself@discover.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] VIN # ?
From: Michael Keele <mkeele@uswest.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 08:08:08 -0600
At 06:51 AM 7/12/2000 -0700, Mark Self wrote:
>I remember in the past someone said that vehicles prior to about '55 didn't
>have VIN #'s.
>
>On my '55 1st, all I can find is the ID # on the drivers side door post.
>It's H55001517.  Is this considered my VIN #, or am I missing something?
>
>====================
>             Mark Self
>          Redlands, CA
>    '55 1st 5-window 3100
>    "Sentimental Journey"

Mark,
That is your VIN.  I believe the term VIN came about sometime after the
idea of serial numbers, but it servers the same purpose.  And, it looks
like you have an early 1st series.  Numbering (I believe) of the last 6
digits started with 001001.

<http://www.supersig.com/?55009200_55004932>Get Your SuperSig