[oletrucks] Brake bleeding

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, old-chevy-truck@egroups.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Brake bleeding
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 13:47:52 EDT
  Well, I installed my new dual circuit mastercylinder and all new steel
brake lines.  My problem is when I went to bleed them, I could not make it
work.  I tried the one man procedure with a clear hose into a jar of fresh
fluid.  I pumping slow or fast made now difference, the fluid level in the
M/C never dropped.  I got the wife to help, she pumped pedal while I opened
and closed the wheel cylinder, the fluid level in the M/C never changed.
(The wife is a trooper as it is 102 today, and rising).  I took the M/C off
and put it in my vice to see if it even works. I could get it to spit fluid
out both ports, but not smoothly, it seemed eratic.  This is a newly rebuilt
M/C I ordered from pickups northwest.  It is a M/C out of a late 60s-early70s
nova.  It is for drum brakes front and rear.
  One other strange thing I noticed on the bench.  When I filled the M/C, the
fluid would run out of both ports!  Not dripping, but a steady stream until
the M/C was nearly empty.  Am I doing something wrong?  Have I missed the
boat here on something?  All connections are tight, no leaks.  I'm at my wits
end on this.  Help!

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX