[oletrucks] Hi to all

To: "oletrucks@autox.team.net" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Hi to all
From: Leah Olsen <javanut@win.bright.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 23:43:50 -0500
Hi to all!  I'm new to this list.  I just got a '53 3/4 ton Chevy.  It
has the original thriftmaster six in it.  I'm not sure if I want to keep
it. (I mean the engine)  I kinda wanted to put a 350 in it, but I'm not
sure what all that involves.  This truck will not be a show truck, I
just want it to look good, and run fine, and faster than 65 mph when I
need it to. I'd like to try to do most of the work myself, (with some
help from my husband and friends) The running gear is kind of a mess.  I
know people have swapped rear axles off of other vehicles for a 1/2 ton,
but is there anything that would work for a 3/4 ton?  I'm new to all of
this, but I'm learning alot as I go.  With two small children, funds are
very limited.  Keeping it stock seems awfully expensive.  The engine
isn't running right now, need a 6 volt battery, and I'm sure there's
more.  Would it just make more sense leave it and get a newer engine?
Or are these old ones worth keeping?  Would love some input!  Thanks in
advance!
Leah Olsen
'53 Chevy 3600
Baldwin, Wi