Re: [oletrucks] Hi to all

To: "Leah Olsen" <javanut@win.bright.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Hi to all
From: "Mark Self" <markself@discover.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 07:08:08 -0700
Leah:
    Here's my two cents worth.
    Putting a small block Chevy in your truck is relatively simple.  With
all the conversion kits available, it should be a breeze.
    When I put the 265 in my dad's truck, it really made the oletruck cruise
nice.  We used stock  3 speed tranny.  Stock radiator, stock driveshaft and
rearend.  The process basically involves new motor mounts, move the steering
box to the outside about 1 1/2" .  Change to 12 volt electric and you're on
your way.  This all could cost very little, or a lot depending on how far
you want to take it.
    Good luck with your project.
    Oh yeah, I have 3 big kids and they pretty well drain the ole piggy bank
too, So I know where you're coming from.

            Mark Self
         Redlands, CA
   '55 1st 5-window 3100
   "Sentimental Journey"