[oletrucks] Project Update

To: "OleTrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Project Update
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 17:54:46 -0500
Well.. Heres some news for you.. I have bad luck dealing with the automotive
industry. I bet you havent heard that before! LOL!

So I get a call from the machine shop that is re-pouring the new babbit in
my 216 that the engine is done. Holy %#$#!! They have had it since March 12
and its done! 5 months and they actually called me and told me they are
finished!! I am almost in tears! Since its a babbit re-pouring job with no
insert bearings, I tell them to assemble the rods and pistons and cam so the
short block is basically done. A few too many variables for me since
shimming these babbit rods can be tricky. Besides, they tell me its only
$125.00 for the assembly. I say go for it.. piece of mind is worth
something.

So I get there and they present me with a bill for $830.43. In other words,
5 months and $830.43 later, I get my engine back. I will let you guess
wether or not I am a happy camper. I had the head done somewhere else and
no.. I didnt ask for gold plating nor did I get it!

So then I take my old broken starter to an Auto Electric shop and have them
rebuild the starter. Just the starter and the standard AD kick start manual
solenoid. He rebuilds it and charges me $160.00. I will let you decide what
mood I am now in. At least he was prompt about it taking only a week longer
than he had promised.

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas
1950 3100 * 1949 3600