Re: [oletrucks] 6V- 12V

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 6V- 12V
From: B&A Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 22:26:06 -0500 (CDT)
On my '57, it goes between the ignition switch and the coil.  The goal is
to drop out around 6 volts so you don't fry the points.  On the '57, there
is a contact on the starter solenoid that routes 12 V directly to the the
coil while the starter is spinning so you get a hotter spark.  You probably
don't have this, and you probably don't need it.

If you find you do, you can route 12V through a toggle switch directly to
the coil and turn it on only during starting.  This works well on my F**d
tractor.

It just so happens that I am in the process of converting my truck to an
alternator, mainly because of voltage regulator problems.  Turns out the
regulator is more expensive than a rebuilt alternator.  My 12V generator
works just fine.  If you want it, maybe we can work out a deal.

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200
Mt. Iron, MN