[oletrucks] Temp Gauge - Sending Unit Question

To: ADvent@thuntek.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Temp Gauge - Sending Unit Question
From: Mikerross@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 16:30:31 EDT
I installed a 305 in  my '56 Chevy truck.  I plugged the temperature sending
unit into the original temperature gauge in the dash of the truck.  The
temperature gauge shows the engine is running "hot".  I've had the
engine/coolant temperature checked and it is right where it should be. It
appears I have a sending unit/temp gauge mis-match.

My sending unit is sending too much voltage/current to the temp gauge.  Has
anyone experienced this?  How do I fix it?

Thanks a lot.

Mike
'56 Chevy Truck