[oletrucks] more 5 speed questions

To: "truck list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] more 5 speed questions
From: "Dave Paulson" <my51truck@eudoramail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 08:17:15 -0700
I don't want to beat this into the ground, I just want clarification. I want to
put a 5 speed in my '53 and this is what info I've gotten from everyone here....

The way I see it, there are two options:

1. Get a t-5 from a 4.3 V-6 s-10. This tranny is stout enough to go behind my 6
cylinder. Modifications needed are a shortened input shaft. Other than that use
the s-10 clutch, etc and it goes right on. Right??

2. Get a beefier T-5 from a Camaro/Firebird and a tail section from a s-10 to
relocate the shifter then add the clutch, etc and bolt on. Right??

Please make any corrections necessary. I don't want to have my truck apart any
longer than necessary. This list is an invaluable resource. Thanks for all your
answers.

Dave Paulson
'51 & '53 1/2 tons
Spokane, WA