[oletrucks] fuel injection

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] fuel injection
From: "Claude" <cramey@dashlink.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 12:05:04 -0500
I would like to convert to fuel injection for better gas mileage. My options
were to find a donor vehicle and get the computer, wiring harness and all
need sensors, or buy a wrecked vehicle and have everthing, or go with one of
the aftermarket conversions (Holley, Edelbrock). Some of these aftermarket
conversions are expensive $1100 - $1900!!!, but Holley has a 2 barrel system
for $695 that says its for a V8 up to 275 HP. I plan on using a stock 350 so
275 HP I think will be plenty.
Anyone converted to fuel injection? I'd like to hear your experience and
reasons for doing so. This is actually for my '85 Chevy PU but could apply
to any truck.

Claude
1959 Apache Fleetside
http://www.dashlink.com/~rameyfam