Re: [oletrucks] Wiring Harness Experiences

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wiring Harness Experiences
From: Steve <m_toolman@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 09:33:32 -0700 (PDT)
Jim

The first wire I smoked I learned DON'T grab the wire
while the smoke is escaping!!! Made an impression on
me in more than one way.  Was installing a burglar
alarm on a new 71 Gremlin (like someone would steal
it) for a friend.  Got cheap and didn't use a grommet
where I ran power through the fire wall, must have
skinned the wire on a sharp edge.  Didn't fuse it from
the battery either. Was quite impressive to watch the
smoke trail follow the wire like a burning fuse.
Collateral damage to the car and my body was minimal.
The ribbing from friends much more severe.

Steve

.......I just smoked one by getting