[oletrucks] Someone talk me down "PLEASE?"

To: "oletrucks@autox.team.net" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Someone talk me down "PLEASE?"
From: Mike Suriano <msuriano@netzero.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 19:02:27 -0400
Hi all,

   Having trouble with the wiring on my 59. I don't have any of the
lights hooked up yet, nothing to the horn relay but just about
everything else is...or so I thought.  I wanted to see if she would at
least turn over so gave it a shot.  She did turn over but I got a small
whisper of smoke from the starter solenoid.  I looked back at the wiring
diagram from chevy duty and even in the shop manual but can't figure out
where I went wrong.  I have the kind of ignition that says you need to
run an 18g wire from the + side of the coil to the starter..which I did.
Should I have not tried to turn her over until I have everything wired
or do you think I  just have some wires crossed?

HELP!!!
Mike

Request a CDROM  1-800-333-3633