[oletrucks] More horn problems

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] More horn problems
From: "John Rockefeller" <dbr@powerweb.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 19:55:34 -0500
As some of you know I've been having problems with my horn set up since
early Spring.  I have this horn that my 3yo pulled from the local bone
yard.  It only had one wire coming from it.  I tried again today to hook it
up, with no luck.  Here is what I'm doing, I took the old horn, a 6 volt
job, and the horn relay from the old junker.  I drew a diagram of the way
it was wired, so I could do it back here, but it still baffles me.  The
wire from the horn hooks to the left side of the relay, there are three
posts, the middle wire goes to the starter, the right wire goes to the
horn.  Now should the horn wire go directly to the horn, it looked that way
to me on the old junker, or should it go to my fuse panel?  Now I'm not
much of an electrical whiz, so how is the circuit made?  Is my old horn
wiring messing me up in some way?  Help me somebody!!!!!  I'm running out
of ideas here.

Other than this problem I've had a great day.  Changed the oil, lubed the
chasis, sanded, primed, and painted some rust spots and had a few beers
while doing it.  Not bad for a Saturday.

John "Rock" Rockefeller
1949 3100 "Eeyore"