Re: [oletrucks] garage height

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] garage height
From: Ross Piercey <ross-piercey@home.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 18:26:48 -0600
Mike,
I just finished building a 24' X 32' garage, fully loaded, floor sump,
infloor heating, wrap around curtains for painting and sandblasting and
lots of plug ins 4' from floor also in the ceiling too. I made the walls
10' high, this will make it easier to pull motors also lets me have a 8'
x 16' door with lots of room for the garage door opener, the florescent
box lights in the ceiling have more height to give a wider light
pattern. If you are using 2" x 4" walls it's a good ideal to use treated
2" x 6" for your bottom plates, this raises the drywall off the floor by
1-1/2" and keeps things dry. I'm just finishing off the gas lines for
the infloor heating, Just can't wait to get at my 51 in there, all
winter, long nights, 40 deg below, love it !!!!
Later
--
Ross Piercey
51 Chevy 3/4, 5W, LB