Re: [oletrucks] Battery problems

To: srice@mail.maricopa.gov
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Battery problems
From: ldfinley@juno.com
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 23:13:31 -0500
Hi Scott,

I had a similar problem, and it turned out to be a bad brand of battery.
I changed brands and have been happy ever since.  With my old new
battery, I had to keep charging it with a portable charger every time I
let it sit for more than 4 or 5 days.  I took it back and exchanged it
with another just like it and had the same problem.  I thought it was
just the nature of all 6 volt batteries, but after a year I switched
brands, and bought a new battery from Pep Boys.  It was like night and
day.

Cold weather, hot weather, it doesn't matter.  That battery will crank
and crank and crank.  I recently started my truck after it had set for
over 30 days out in the heat.  The carbuerator was completely dry,  and
much to my surprise, the battery didn't even let up after cranking for
over 30 seconds.  I readjusted my choke settings, cranked for at least
another 20 seconds, and she fired right up.  This is on a 6 volt battery
that is almost a year old.  To me it cranks like a 12 volt, and costs
less to purchase new, than a good 12 volt.  It just might be your new
battery is the problem.

Larry
1951 3100 Deluxe Cab
Okla City, Okla