Re: [oletrucks] Battery problems

To: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Battery problems
From: New Mexico Jim <ADvent@thuntek.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 17:25:06 -0600
often times, if the battery is wet on top, you have a source for a potential
drain, hence your dead battery. The build up of condensed battery vapor
(hydrogen sulfide) settles on the battery top and since it conducts electricity,
you get a low  current drain. Its a good idea to wash the whole battery and tray
out with some "arm and hammer" until it stops foaming. All the acid is now
neutralized. be sure none of the solution gets into the battery as that will
neutralize that acid, too.