Re: [oletrucks] Engine placement

To: WR Teto <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Engine placement
From: New Mexico Jim <ADvent@thuntek.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 11:28:34 -0600

All this about transplants and I thought about the proper u-joint installation.
almost always installed a u-joint with grease fittings so as the drive shaft
turns the joint that the grease fitting is under compression and not tension .
That metal makes a good block, but makes for a losy rope.
I like Spicer brand joints. I have only snapped one Spicer. That was my fault. I
was under interstate 40 in Flagstaff wheelin' through Rio de Flag in deep mud in
my 83 Chevy with 44 inch tall tires. I got at least one front tire airborne and
didn't feel anything until the tires hit the ground (bottom of mud pit) still
spinning and BANG SNAP. I busted the u-joint for the left axle. Those cheapy 8
dollar joints are no bargain at all.