RE: [oletrucks] Engine placement

To: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Engine placement
From: "A.B." <bigfred@unm.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 09:15:08 -0600 (MDT)
Ah, I meant parallel with the pinion shaft.. you just worded it better.
Either way, it seems like the bellypan on the tranny should not be the
determining factor when setting up the engine/tranny combo. Correct?

BTW, I would like to know more about positioning the U-joints.  Is the
pinion shaft off-set (to the L or R) from the center line of the axel, or
is the Tranny/engine usually not positioned exactly in the
middle?  It seems like it wouldn't take much to get such small degrees of
deflection. Thanks.
-alfie