Re: [oletrucks] RE: IFS, but not to open any can or worms again

To: "'Old Trucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] RE: IFS, but not to open any can or worms again
From: "ROGER GLEASON" <rogerg@maverick.facil.uconn.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 08:42:20 -500
I used to work for F**D and I hated the way those cars steer.  I can
get into a new taurus or an old pinto blindfolded and tell you its a
F**D by driving it a few yards...(My relatives have them) One reason
I would not put in a Must II front end is because of this
geometry...Someone would have to convince me by trial and error that
its correct not by numbers but by feel before I put one on my
oldtruck...I presently work on a GM stock car and do the handling set
up... With some adjustment I can make a car handle like a dream... If
I had my druthers I'd want something GM in my truck... Just something
to ponder before you put a lot of bucks into some retrofit piece of
garbage!(IMHO)
Rogerg
51-3100 AD Huckster

> From:          Whittaker Bill G Civ ASC/SMY <Bill.Whittaker@wpafb.af.mil>
> To:            "'Old Trucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
> Subject:       [oletrucks] RE: IFS, but not to open any can or worms again
> Date:          Tue, 12 Sep 2000 07:58:11 -0400

> While you're checking him out... Ask him who's geometry he uses.
Just because he chooses to manufacture IFS systems with GM parts
doesn't mean he uses GM geometry just like a lot of guys making Must>
I'll say this again... I'm not picking on Jim Meyer's products
perse'... what I am saying is thoroughly investigate what er system
you're interested in and make your own decision.  There's a bunch o>
> Bill Whittaker
> '53 3100 Hemi
> Built Like A Rock
> With Mopar Stock

Roger Gleason
Uconn U-38
Office of Architectural and Engineering Services
Storrs, Connecticut 06269-3038