Re: [oletrucks] RE: Cutting Body Metal on ADs

To: <bob_keeland@usgs.gov>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] RE: Cutting Body Metal on ADs
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 15:16:44 -0700
Hey Bob, I bought one of those small bottle torch sets used about a year
ago.  I had some misgivings about it at first, but it quickly disproved
them.  I have used it for demolition cutting for a couple of long days
straight without any refills.  Under normal use it is several months between
fill ups.

And when I do have to fill up I can lift the tanks without having my back
snap.  The only thing you can't do is use the largest rosebud or cutting
tips, but it gets plenty hot for everything I do.  No problems cutting
through 1/2 in. steel plate.

They also don't take up much room in the shop.  I got mine used with little
use, for about $150 including hoses regulators, cart, cutting and welding
tips.  Tanks cost about $15 to fill.

Regards,

Grant S.

RadicicG@osc.army.mil,