[oletrucks] Rear Leaf Springs

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Rear Leaf Springs
From: jelerath@home.com
Date: 28 Sep 2000 10:49:37 -0700
I saw the discussion on rear leaf springs and thought I'd pass on my experience.

I bought new ones from Chevy Duty.  The are great. The back of the truck is
back up in the air where it belongs.  I don't know how many years they will
last, but for now I'm very satisfied with new ones...not retempered 47 year old
metal.  Knowledge of springs, alloys, tempering, etc has changed a lot since
1953.  I'd think new ones would have a good chance of being better than
retempering the old ones.

Jon
'53 3100