Re: [oletrucks] ring and pinion trouble 1950 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup

To: <dshier@rmi.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] ring and pinion trouble 1950 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup
From: "Alan Lubow" <alosteo@uswest.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 11:43:50 -0600
Dave:  Thanks your offer of assistance!  I think my truck in it's current
condition might be able to make the trip, but I'm not sure.  It only grinds
when I let up on the gas and let the engine slow things down (engine
braking).  At a steady speed things seem to be ok.  The carrier looked to be
worn about 1/3 of the way through.  I can't tell if eventually it would wear
enough to make it's own clearances and stop grinding, or continue to erode
through and then break!   The grinding is getting worse.

I spoke with Patrick again this morning.  He lived in Lakewood prior to
moving to Arizona and said he'd call around and thought he'd be able to find
someone good to help me here in Denver, so things are looking up!

Alan