Re: [oletrucks] Differential Problem

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Differential Problem
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 07:31:14 -0700
>Also, I hear a lot about dual master cylinders. But why not just use the
old one? I guess my hesitancy comes from a lack of knowledge on exactly how
to install a dual (with proportioning valve) and what exact donor car to get
the dual off of.

I and several other list members have had personal experiences with sudden
failure of single m/c systems.  Without going into detail, it is very
frightening, and it eliminates all hesitancy over installing a dual m/c.
And you have to remember that those who had the worst experiences are not
here to tell you about them.  You can save yourself the fright and maybe a
lot of hurt by getting the dual m/c before the failure.

Some m/cs come with the correct proportioning valves built into the m/c.  I
bought my bracket and m/c at Pickups Northwest.  The m/c had the right
valves built in.  I had a brake shop install it and hook it up.  Not
expensive.

Regards,

Grant S.