[oletrucks] New to the list

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] New to the list
From: "Bill Broadway" <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 09:49:22 -0500
This is my first post. I'm in the process of restoring and customizing a
1955 2nd Series Chevy short wheelbase stepside. The cab is almost in perfect
condition from the windows down, the floor is perfect. The problem is right
above the windshield. I see patch panels all over for floor parts, doors,
cab corners .... just curious has anyone ever seen a repair panel for the
section right above the windshield? If I can't find one, I'm just going to
have to let a local shop build one.

Also, I just ordered the powder coating system from Eastwood Co. I have a
stove lined up for small parts, but I was looking at their Infrared heating
system that you can do large parts and frames, $400 .. Ouch. Has anyone ever
tried to build their own? I know you can buy the bulbs practically anywhere,
such as Wal-mart. You could build your own stand out of pipe and I would
think a cooking thermometer that goes up to 500 degrees would work ... all
this probably could be had for under $50. Anyone ever try this? I figure I
will and try to bake a piece, if it works great .. if not I can salvage the
parts minus the bulb and not be out anything.

Thanks,
Bill