RE: [oletrucks] New to the list

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] New to the list
From: "Bill Broadway" <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:05:39 -0500
> Sounds like a good deal.  How do you set up the lamp? does it have to be
> in it's own enclosed area with the piece or can it be out in the open? I'm
> trying to think of a way you would do a frame.  It would be a pain to
> empty out the garage and heat it up to 500 deg and hope nothing catches
> fire... but if you could do it in the drive way... BTW, if it does work,
> maybe you can do a write up for us curious folks.
> -alfie

I'm testing the lamp now, I bought one of those circular clip on lamps with
the reflective cup ... I have the bulb in (red looking and shaped like a
flood light) I have it aimed 4 inches from the cooking thermometer. Since it
clips on, you could build a stand (piece of pipe screwed into a base) and
attach it to it. You shine it at a small area till the temperature gets up
to 400 degrees and the powder is cured, then you move it down and reposition
it and repeat ... if you had more lamps ($6 a piece) you could do several
areas a t once .... it's been on 5-10 mins and it's almost up to 300 degrees
... here's hoping after about 15 it hits 400!

Bill